laupäev, märts 05, 2011

Deer, moose and rabbit, all still alive.

Hunting season is unfortunately over and we went to the forest just for a walk. And exactly these days are the days when you meet the animals (Murphy's law). We started off with two roe deers - I started walking towards them - we were down the wind and Ruudi started smelling something - in 50-70 meters, deers started running and Ruudi was amazed and frozen - but as he understood that they are running away and getting too far, he started following them. And then I heard something new, that I have never heard - Ruudi started barking while running along the track :) And then we followed the track for about 4 km - Ruudi was jumping up and down in the deep snow. But he doesn't go too far, Ruudi always waits for me and checks if I'm still coming. Fine, that's the spirit of a blood tracking dog.

From Blogi pildid
Then after a 5 km of rough terrain, we met one sleeping moose. And again the same sequence of events started, we followed the track for another 3 km. I like that Ruudi has he's nose always on the ground but he is still too confident, he wanders away from the track too often, but that's maybe also because the track was so fresh and the air was full of cent.

Animals are also very clever, we had several cases where the track ended and Ruudi was confused - animals turn back along the same track and then make a jump off the track like visualized in the following drawing.

From Blogi pildid


But all in all, It wasn't a training session, I just wanted to see what Ruudi likes to do. The real "training" started when we were almost at home, I was absolutely tired, but Ruudi found a hole and a smell and he instantly jumped into the hole and started barking!! Dammit - I didn't take my shovel with me - so I just waited, gun in my hand - ready to shoot.

From Blogi pildid
But Ruudi was down there and barking and barking and barking.... and the time passed but nothing. I actually didn't know who is down there but I heard it was attacking Ruudi and the sound was very similar to a rabbit. The hole didn't look like a fox hole under ground, it was more like a space under the heavy snow on the fallen trees. And when Ruudi came out for a while to check me, he didn't smell so bad like foxes and racoon dogs usually smell. OK, it is a rabbit, how to get it out from there!!?? I was alone and no tools with me - so I tried to make more holes into the snow but nothing - rabbits are not stupid, they know they are more safe under ground:

From Blogi pildid
At some point Ruudi started whining and came out from the hole and started licking he's penis. I was constantly looking for a blood and injuries but found a wooden stick penetrated between he's penis and foreskin and I was like - what!!?? But I reacted quickly and removed the stick.... Ruudi was making very strange moves for a while and he jumped into the hole again and started barking :D:D

I took the time and measured one hour when ruudi was underground and barking.... and then I was soo f...ng tired and undersood that the rabbit will not come out... I gave up... Ruudi's penis was huge because of the ice, snow, rabbit hole and the wooden stick and we started coming home. And Ruudi went straight on the backback to sleep:

From Blogi pildid


Even if we didn't catch the Rabbit, I was so pleased that Ruudi has the spirit to bark, is brave to go underground but not too eager to attack the animal by himself - a perfect underground hunting dog!!

And you know what, after changing clothes and walking to the car (10 min sleep for Ruudi) - He started running to the forest again :D Amazing!!

Kommentaare ei ole:

Postita kommentaar